Good Deeds, Good Drivers…. and mileage reimbursement too!
RTP reimburses $0.50/mile for every mile you drive for us!
Volunteering for RTP means using your vehicle to drive riders from places such as their home to the grocery store, or a doctor’s appointment—or vice versa! Volunteering is a valuable and enriching experience that improves lives throughout the community, and although it can be done in as little time as it takes to drive to the mall, the impact is substantial.
“I love working here. You’ve got to have a big heart to do a job like this. We all have big hearts here.”
“The best part of working here is helping people.”
“I am in my seventies and retired. I had some free time on my hands so I answered the ad for volunteer driver at RTP. RTP has become an important part of my life. RTP provides rides to those who truly need this service. The staff at RTP are truly professional and compassionate and the clients I drive are so appreciative and kind. I am proud to belong to such a giving company and I love making a difference.”
RTP’s volunteer drivers have good people skills, a clean, reliable vehicle, and safe driving record. Background checks are required and training is provided.
There are tons of great reasons to volunteer, but here are our favorites:
- You can volunteer as frequently as you want, whenever you want. You tell us your availability, not the other way around, so volunteering fits your schedule.
- Driving your own car is comfortable and familiar
- Learn valuable and relevant new skills (which look great on a resume!)
- Earn extra cash!
- Get out of the house!
- Meet other volunteers like you
- See beautiful Cumberland County in a new way
- Every ride makes a positive impact in the world
- Volunteering builds compassion, character, and self confidence
- Be a positive role model
What do I need to volunteer?
In order to be eligible to volunteer with RTP you need:
- …to be 21 years old or older with a reliable and insured vehicle
- …a Maine Driver’s License
- …to be a safe driver
- …good people skills and to love helping others!
Here’s what you’ll get from us:
- Free cleaning supplies and safety kit for your vehicle
- An “RTP Volunteer” sign for your car
- $0.50/ mile reimbursement for rides
- Rides that fit your schedule
- Invites to fun annual RTP events
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started is easy!
Fill out this application and give our Human Resources person a call at: 207-615-0393